Coming Attractions: Talon

 

This trailer was released just a few days ago. Talon is a cartoon created by one artist Heather Parra about a baby raptor with magic lightning powers who learns she and other dinosaurs like her will save their world from evil aliens, who if not stopped could cause a mass extinction (..... guess they failed), and they embark to do so.

I have one word for it: fantastic! I love the idea of super powered magic dinosaurs, like Avatar: The Last Airbender meets The Land Before Time, and the designs are stylised yet accurate to a tee, which I always love.


My only gripe is that generic fantasy wizard who it set up to be the mentor for the series.  It feels out of place in the Mesozoic setting, unless that's the point. I would have gone with a more avian or reptilian look. And also, Talon is mentioned as a Dakotaraptor, now regarded as an invalid genus (long story).

I'm hyped for Talon, is what I'm saying, and so should you. I eagerlt wait updates, and urge you to support it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mesozoic Mind's Walking with Dinosaurs fan remake: 2nd Anniversary Special

Dino Lab review - Part one

T. rex: The Ultimate Predator at the ROM - a review