Salaamasaurus eopostus!

Hello, salaam, and bonjour, everyone lucky enough to stumble upon this (to those from Discord, hello to you too). Welcome to Mesozoic Mind. My name is Zain Ahmed.

I am not a bona fide palaeontologist, writer, or artist. In fact, I have not even started college, university, or any post-secondary education yet. Rather, I am simply just a young adult with a love of the natural sciences and history. Nevertheless, I have a ton of projects both personal and real, and in fact i’m already working on a book of mine, which you will see throughout this place. I will display others of these ideas here, as well as so much more, such as reviews of all thing palaeo: books, shows, documentaries, movies, and even places, by which museums and attractions, though given 2021’s current situation its unlikely at best). I will also give my own thoughts and opinions* about trends and events in palaeo-media, paleoart, and sci coms (that’s science communication).

*And also Rants, depending on how bad I’m feeling.

Just among the many palaeo-media I do own right now are all books. Specifically:

  • The Rise and Fall of the Dinosaurs by Stephen Brusatte
  • Discovering the Mammoth by John McKay
  • The Dinosaur Artist by Paige Williams
  • King of the Dinosaur Hunters by Lowell Dingus
  • The Sauropod Dinosaurs: Life in the Age of Giants By Mark Hallett and Mathew J. Wedel
  • Eyewitness: Dinosaur Expert Files
  • Horned Armadillos and Rafting Monkeys: The Fascinating Fossil Mammals of South America by Darin Croft
  • Cameron and his Dinosaurs by Scott Christian Sava
  • EDIT: Locked in Time: Animal Behavior Unearthed in 50 Extraordinary Fossils by Dean Lomax as of May 25, 2021
  • EDIT: The Dinosaur Hunters: The Extraordinary Story of the Men and Women Who Discovered Prehistoric Life by Lowell Dingus and Mark Norell as of October 22, 2021
  • EDIT: Every Hidden Thing by Kenneth Opal and American Dinosaur Abroad: A Cultural History of Carnegie's Plaster Diplodocus by Ilja Nieuwland as of July 2022
  • EDIT: A History of Painting: With Dinosaurs by Jon Conway as of December 24, 2022
  • EDIT: Ancient Sea Reptiles: Plesiosaurs, Ichthyosaurs, Mosasaurs, and More by Darren Naish as of 2023

I'm sure that if my parents allow it, its only going to get bigger as I get more books.

For our first actual post next time, we'll be going back to the early 2010's period for a look at a childhood favourite of mine. I won't reveal it, but its one the ones I listed above. 

So anyways, now that we have gotten the introduction out, goodbye for now, and remember, stay safe from COVID!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mesozoic Mind's Walking with Dinosaurs fan remake: 2nd Anniversary Special

Dino Lab review - Part one

T. rex: The Ultimate Predator at the ROM - a review